Sunday, May 6, 2012

Monsters have taken over my classroom!!!






As I mentioned in a previous post I am currently teaching as a long term sub. My students have some, in my opinion, bad habits. I have let some monsters creep into my classroom the past couple of weeks. These monsters are a great way to remind students of my rules. It also is helpful to just point at a monster instead of repeating the same rule over and over again. Students have also gotten really into it. They come into the class each week searching for the newest monster. It's a fun way to reinforce rules and not be a nag.

1 comment:

  1. Ha this is brilliant!!! I have to try this one day! Especially the paper one. It is so annoying when students needlessly take millions of sheets of paper. I can never catch them, but if I had a monster to help;)

    Thanks for your comment. It means a lot to know that you aren't the only one! I learned to read in 2nd not fluently. . . but I learned to read. I remember I as a bluebird and EVERYONE knows what that meant. They always try to disguise the groups, but it was no use! Every year when I put up my Christmas tree, I put up my second grade ornmanent. It is a picture of me reading a book. A BIG book. I obviously was just posing for the photograph. It still makes me smile because it the farthest thing from what I'd really be doing, which was coloring or making dollhouses.

    ReplyDelete