Thursday, April 19, 2012

Imagination Drawings






My First and Second Graders did some beautiful imagination drawings earlier this year I wanted to share. The students cut out circles form black construction paper. They randomly glued them down any where on a large white piece of paper and were asked to turn that into a place or a thing.

I have struggling in the past creating curriculum for younger grades that involves so much freedom. As a newer teacher it feels much more comfortable having students do step by step projects that I can monitor. This was a great a great low risk way to allow students to have artistic freedom with out me wanting to pull my hair out.

2 comments:

  1. Great lesson - really makes kids think. If you want a literature tie-in, here's 2 good books you could use:

    The Dot (the connection is obvious, right?)or
    Not a Box (I used it for a lesson with rectangles glued on their paper).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to check these books out. Thank you. I was so impressed with how my students ran with this idea. They came up with things I would never have thought of.

    ReplyDelete